Emmanuil Itzkovich, in full Emmanuil L’vovich Itzkovich, was a native St. Petersburger in his soul. In 1952, fate brought him together with D.I. Ageikin, one of the USSR’s leading experts in instrumentation. As a result, Itzkovich moved to Moscow (1956) and joined the Institute of Automation and Remote Control for 65 years, until the last days of his life.
At the Institute, Itzkovich defended his dissertations, published scientific papers and books, gave presentations, participated in R&D activities, and educated the young, like all other employees of the Institute. Since 1969, he headed the Laboratory of Production Automation Methods.
Recently, in addition to methodological and analytical developments, Itzkovich’s Laboratory carried out applied research under contracts with the Vietnam Steel Corporation, Gazprom, the Unified Energy System of Russia (Russian Joint Stock Company), and other large enterprises of different industries.
Itzkovich’s main books are as follows:
- Algoritmy tsentralizovannogo kontrolya i upravleniya proizvodstvom (Algorithms for the Centralized Control and Management of Production), Moscow: Sovetskoe Radio, 1967. – 351 p. (coauthor E.A. Trakhtengerts);
- Kontrol’ proizvodstva s pomoshch’yu vychislitel’nykh mashin (Production Control Using Computers), Moscow: Energiya, 1975. – 416 p.
- Osobennosti sovremennykh ASUTP (Peculiarities of Modern Automated Process Control Systems), Moscow: Institute of Control Sciences RAS, 2017. – 523 p.;
- EVM v sisteme upravleniya predpriyatiem (Electronic Computers in an Enterprise Management System), Moscow: Nauka, 1980. – 192 p.;
- Operativnoe upravlenie nepreryvnym proizvodstvom (Operational Management of Continuous Production). Moscow: Nauka, 1988. – 160 p. (coauthor L.R. Sorkin);
- Effektivnost’ vnedreniya EVM na predpriyatii (The Effectiveness of Adopting Electronic Computers on an Enterprise), Moscow: Finansy i Statistika, 1981. – 152 p. (coauthors D.I. Ageikin, Yu.L. Klokov, V.N. Livshits, and A.I. Prigozhin);
- Statisticheskie metody pri avtomatizatsii proizvodstva (Statistical Methods in Industrial Automation), Moscow: Energiya, 1964. – 192 p.
Many of his books can be found in the Institute’s database:
Some of Itzkovich’s journal papers are available at Math-Net.Ru:
The list of his papers in Avtomatika i Telemekhanika can be found at:
For their English versions, see the microfilm collection of Automation and Remote Control:
A rather complete list of Itzkovich’s publications is presented at:
Also, see the Institute’s database:
Scopus Author ID: 36349273200