Basic lines of research of the Institute of Control Sciences V.A. Trapeznikov Academy of Sciences, approved by the Presidium of the Russian Academy of Sciences March 18, 2008:
- System Theory and General Control Theory;
- Techniques of Control in Complicated Engineering and Man-Machine Systems;
- Theory of Control in Inter-Disciplinary Models of Organizational, Social, Economic, Medical and Biological and Environment Protection Systems;
- Theory and Techniques in Development of Software-and-Hardware and Engineering Tools of Control and Complicated Data Processing and Control Systems;
- Scientific Fundamentals of Technologies in Vehicle Control and Navigation;
- Scientific Fundamentals of Integrated Control Systems and Automation of Technological Industrial Processes.